- Eat At Omoide Yokocho : Shinjuku is a great area to try some Japanese cuisine. The Omoide Yokocho alleyway, where you can buy all types of grilled meat skewers and other things in a laid-back’street food’ environment, is one of the most famous.
- See The Famous Shibuya Crossing: The Shibuya Crossing is well-known for being the world’s busiest pedestrian crossing, with up to 3,000 people crossing at any given time! It’s entertaining to watch the crowds cross the street, especially on weekends. You’ll want to stay here because it’s also a terrific place to shop or eat.
- Explore Akihabara District: This is Tokyo’s main electronic district. Everything relating to electronics can be found here, although it is primarily focused on anime/manga and video gaming. Exploring the SEGA and Nintendo old gaming shops here is entertaining.
- Shop For Souvenirs: Of course, you can’t leave Tokyo without picking up a few souvenirs. You can bring home an artsy paper fan, ceramic bowl, kimono, or Japanese knife, in addition to the typical choice of fridge magnets and keychains. The shopping districts of Shinjuku and Shibuya are two of the greatest, but we also found some fantastic gifts in unexpected places, such as the street booths at Sensoji Temple.
- Ride A Bullet Train: Traveling by train is always exciting, and Japan boasts some of the best. The trains in this area are quite efficient, and some of the country lines are breathtakingly beautiful. The futuristic bullet trains known as’shinkansen’ in Japan are especially fascinating to ride since they can reach speeds of hundreds of kilometers per hour. These are accessible through the JR East and JR Central lines in Tokyo. You can travel JR trains for free for one, two, or three weeks if you purchase a Japan Rail Pass (commonly known as JR Pass). This can be a very inexpensive way to travel vast distances by rail in Japan!
- Climb The Tokyo Skytree: The Skytree is the world’s highest tower and the second tallest building (after the Burj Khalifa in Dubai). The view of Tokyo from the top of this tower is spectacular.