GTBank (Guaranty Trust Bank) is a Nigerian multinational financial institution that offers a wide range of banking products and services. One of its notable features is its USSD banking service, which allows customers to conduct banking transactions via their mobile phones without an internet connection. In this article, we will be focusing on the GTBank transfer code, a USSD code that allows customers to transfer funds from their GTBank account to other banks in Nigeria.
What is the GTBank Transfer Code?
The GTBank transfer code is a USSD code that allows customers to perform various banking transactions, including fund transfers, using their mobile phones. The code is also known as *737#, and it is available to all GTBank customers.
To use the GTBank transfer code, customers need to have a registered phone number with the bank and ensure that they have sufficient airtime to cover the cost of the transaction. The transfer code is a convenient alternative to traditional banking methods, as customers can perform transactions from anywhere, at any time, without having to visit a physical bank branch.
How do I activate my gtb transfer code?
To use the GTBank transfer code, customers must first register for the service. Here are the steps to follow:
Step 1: Dial 7370# on your registered mobile phone number with GTBank.
Step 2: Follow the prompts to provide your account details, including your GTBank account number and the last four digits of your ATM card. Step
3: Create a four-digit transaction PIN that you will use to authorize all transactions on the platform.
Once you have completed the registration process, you can begin to use the GTBank transfer code to perform various transactions.
How to Transfer Funds Using GTBank Transfer Code
To transfer funds using the GTBank transfer code, follow these steps:
Step 1: Dial 7372AmountRecipient’s Account Number# on your registered mobile phone number with GTBank. Step 2: Follow the prompts to select the recipient’s bank and confirm the transaction details. Step 3: Enter your four-digit transaction PIN to authorize the transaction.
Once the transaction is successful, you will receive a confirmation message from GTBank.
Benefits of Using GTBank Transfer Code
- Convenience: The GTBank transfer code offers customers the convenience of performing banking transactions from anywhere, at any time, without having to visit a physical bank branch.
- Instant transfers: Transfers made using the GTBank transfer code are instant and reflect immediately in the recipient’s account.
- No internet connection required: Unlike other banking platforms that require an internet connection, the GTBank transfer code can be used even without an internet connection, making it a viable option for customers in areas with poor network coverage.
- No transaction fees: GTBank does not charge any transaction fees for transfers made using the transfer code. This makes it a cost-effective option for customers who want to save on banking fees.
- Easy registration process: Registering for the GTBank transfer code is easy and can be done in a few simple steps.
- Security: The GTBank transfer code is secure, and customers can set a transaction PIN that they will use to authorize all transactions on the platform.
Limitations of GTBank Transfer Code
- Transaction limits: GTBank has set transaction limits on the transfer code. Customers can only transfer a maximum of N1,000,000 per day and a maximum of N20,000 per transaction.
- Limited to Nigerian banks: The GTBank transfer code can only be used to transfer funds to other Nigerian banks. Customers cannot use the code to transfer funds to banks outside Nigeria.
- Network availability: Customers in areas with poor network coverage may experience difficulties using the transfer code.
- Limited transaction history: Customers can only view their last five transactions on the GTBank transfer code platform. This can be limiting for customers who need to keep track of their transaction history.
- Limited transaction options: The GTBank transfer code can only be used to perform basic banking transactions such as funds transfers, airtime recharge, and bill payments. Customers who need more advanced banking services may need to use other banking platforms.
Why is 737 code not working?
If you encounter a connection error or an invalid MMI code while dialing the USSD code *737#, it is likely that the problem is with your network provider. You should check if you have network service by examining your network bar and try again. Alternatively, you may have to wait and attempt the transaction at a later time.
Conclusion on GT bank transfer code
The GTBank transfer code is a convenient and secure way for GTBank customers to perform banking transactions. It offers several benefits, including convenience, instant transfers, no transaction fees, and easy registration. However, there are also limitations to the platform, including transaction limits, limited transaction history, and limited transaction options.
Despite these limitations, the GTBank transfer code is a useful platform for customers who want to perform basic banking transactions quickly and easily. It is an excellent option for customers who prefer to use their mobile phones for banking transactions and for those who want to save on banking fees.